Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Tattered Renaissance.....


I've been trying to think of new ways to incorporate my love of art history into my paintings, and as I was flipping through some fine art catalogs in my collection, I decided to use the glossy pages of prints featuring old master paintings. In this piece, I used prints of "A Dutch Harbour Scene" by Thomas Heeremans 1660-1697 for the skirt of the dress, and "A River Landscape With Three Huntsman With Their Dogs" by Pieter Meulener 1602-1654 for other areas of the dress and accents. This mixed media painting includes moody colors, subtle textures, layers of papers, and an "aged" finish for a tattered renaissance look, 6 x 12 stretched canvas. It's available on Ebay now, You can see my current paintings for sale by clicking**HERE**.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I just love how you incorporated the painted artwork into her dress, it's so breathtakingly beasutiful. I just love your artwork. I check it out often I just need to comment more. You are crazy talented.

Clare said...

i love how you have used the picture in your art making - you are very creative in your interpretation of the masters - i love visiting your blog - i'm sure you have inspired many others to start their own investigation into some of the more well known artists of the past

LoriAnn / altered-posh said...

Thank you so much, Shannon and Clare! This was something new I was trying. After reading your lovely comments, I may continue in this direction. Thanks again!
LoriAnn